Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So i was thinking to start a thread to share exhaust videos, it would help other users to decide which ones they like and can compare from. Make sure you list your model/motor, brand and type of exhaust.
Heres mine: 2005 focus st 2.3 duratec-fswerks 2.5in street exhaust.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
^ Either a FS werks stealth with no CAT or a AeroTurbine with a magniflow CAT from mandrel exhaust... Either way it'll be running from an SVT header I bought from svt_kid...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hmm... I'm going to guess... a 1.6 Zetec/DuraTech 8v (name dependent on country)... amiright amiamiami?
1.6 Duratec 100hp STOCK

sounds good for cheap and stock car right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Heck yes, I long for that sound again, it sounds like mine before the exhaust went to hell, just a little higher pitch, which is why I guessed it was a 1.6 as smaller engines sounds higher.

I think it's pretty good that I've never heard the 1.6 before, we don't have them sadly [driving]

Sadly I was wrong though, not an 8 valve but 16... dang... so close lol...

·
Registered
897 Posts
We need more vidz...

I wasn't going to do a video until after I scraped up enough money for a new exhaust, but y'know I was out driving around in the middle of nowhere and decided to do a video, at least this way maybe I can have a before + after...

inside + outside + me talking:

For once this is a video that it sounds a little better ON the recording lol... It rattled surprisingly very little in the video to... amazing...

There I posted my crappy vid, let's see more [doorpeek]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and play along...

Some of the old school members of the forum may remember my 05' ST that I had. Bish was clean. lol... kept it stock except for steeda sri but man I just loved it as it was... wanted to do a slight drop and stg. 2 FSwerks kit but bought the mustang instead...

Cold start 05' Focus ST - Stock but delicious sounding IMO.

Intake vid?? haha [8]

And then not a focus but... BECAUSE EXHAUST! [:p]

Mustang Exhaust... with some 2 step in there! haha

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice that st sounded almost identical to mine before the exhaust/throttle body, now its a deeper/less restricted sound. and that mustang is VICIOUS! lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
nice that st sounded almost identical to mine before the exhaust/throttle body, now its a deeper/less restricted sound. and that mustang is VICIOUS! lol
That stang is ready to kill!
Thanks guys! ya I wouldn't mind (and likely will) try to pick up a used svt or st for cheap as a second vehicle.

Once I do the Turbo in the Mustang and finish building it up... It would be nice to have a little more relaxed but still fun vehicle to drive that gets reasonable mileage.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts