Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have an 02 LX with 75k miles on it(healthy motor, for now) that I'm looking at doing a zetec swap on. as of now, I don't have much confidence in doing a swap myself(last attempt in an Integra with a couple friends went horribly wrong) so I was going to have my mechanic do it for me. I was doing some research and saw that some guys in California offered to help another forum member tackle the whole deal, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I dont mind paying a mechanic to do it, but I would love the learning opportunity in doing it myself with some help. I know my area definitely doesn't have as many people who frequent this site, and I haven't even been on here in a while, but I'm confident that with a little help from significantly more knowledgeable wrenchers, we could get it done. So anyone in or around Fort Wayne, if you want to/can help, before it gets too cold, I could really use the help. If no one can/wants to help, I could use a little advice on where to get the swap motor and everything else from. I'd love to get this done, I've gotten complacent with my Focus, and I think this might spark that passion for it again!

Edit: Oh, and payment could be pizza and beer? Let me know.

Thanks!

Morgan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey morgan sorry to dig up this ancient post just trying to look up some people in Fort wayne to get a meet started. Any interest in still swapping I work at napa on fort wayne and have tons of people that would be willing to help you out for a little beer and pizza lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Thanks for replying! I'm definitely still interested, although I'll be getting surgery on my elbow in a month, so I wouldn't be much help. I'll have to talk to the wife to see if she would still want to do it, but I'm sure she'll be fine. I'll let you know by the end of today. Could I get your number in a message? I'd like to start a meet regardless.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link! Do you know what kind of prices Id be looking at through them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, just wanted to update you. I decided against keeping the focus, I should be picking up an 06 2.0 duratec zx5 in a few days. Thank you guys for being willing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts