Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any premature wear on the're engine, what type of wear was it and did it make a distinctive sound from the engine bay?

Shawn

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Um, you gotta be more specific.. What is going on under there? My friend Aaron is racking up the miles on his ST with no issues at all.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
no issues here.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
my engine ticks slightly, kind of like a mini-knocking...i dontknow what it is..i have 30k on the car and probably 18kor so on the engine(havent counted..)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 55,000 miles on my ride.. No engine problems at all. Just that slight tapping that nomoreavril mentioned..

·
Registered
930 Posts
The tick is prolly your injectors. They are LOUD on a duratec.

·
Registered
341 Posts
almost 20,000 and no problemos.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i've put 7k on my duratec in 1.5 months and its a good motor this far i just hope i dont have problems i hate the dealerships around here [?|]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah the duratec engines are really loud under the hood...my old cobalt with the 2.2 was the quietest thing you had ever heard, you couldnt tell if it was running or not until i got my exhaust

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I have put 55,000 on my duratec in 2 years and it still runs like a champ. The only problem I had was the AC went out after about 5000 miles which was covered under warranty. The only things I notice are as follows:

Slight knocking when in reverse...mostly from brakes I think
During acceleration and clutch release from a stop I hear a clicky noise until the clutch is all the way out...nothing new
slight rattles here and there
Sometimes my car doesn't start on the first turn, but it always starts on the second...may be something I could correct with a tune so that my computer recognizes all this extra air coming in from the intake and exhaust.

But overall the motor is good as gold.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
21K here and no issues.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
the ticking is in fact your injectors trust me.

My new car I have about 7300 miles and a few probs that were fluke things like teh shifter cables coming undone but was covered under warranty. My last car had almost 50,000 miles on it and no enginer wear.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Just shy of 36K miles, 19 months old. Zero mechanical issues with the car. Zero oil consumption between changes...absolutely trouble free ride from that standpoint.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah my injectors tick really loud too. I thought one or more of em was fubar'd so nice to hear it's normal... crappy focus.

Jake

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
had the ticking problem since the day i bought the thing my dads a machanic and he said its just the damn injectors on the der's there so loud and it seems like when its hotter its louder but i could be wrong but other than that i havent had anyproblems only have had mine for 3 months and i have 3500 miles on it i drive alot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
22Kand nothing with the engine yet, had a seal go on my a/c and my brakes squeal in the morning but thats it

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I first got my Focus, I was driving real fast before I pulled it over at my house. Well I popped the hood to check out how the engine sounded after it was ran hard and noticed a ticking sound. The car only had around 300 miles on it and I naturally freaked called the dealership and took it in. The checked it out and called me out while it was running only to inform me that it was the injectors causing the sound. I felt dumb but relieved and as of since have not had a single issue with this car other than a few hard starts. Go Duratec!

·
Registered
174 Posts
No problems on this end.. almost 9k on the odo. Still running like a champ.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts