Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I could have a potential problem on my hands here. I drive a manual 2000 ZX3 2.0L 16v DOHC w/ the MTX-75 transmission. The problem has occurred two times now in the span of give or take two months. I will be going around a corner or turning going around 10-17 mph and so I will shift into 2nd gear. When I do this (twice I have heard the sound), I hear a sound, I would call it a scratch possibly. Sounds like metal hitting metal or possibly something scrapping along something. It sounds like when what I would describe a snake hissing possibly. The sound isn’t unbearably loud, but it can be heard with the radio on a decent level. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I just changed my transmission fluid a few days ago. The gear doesn’t feel like it is missing or that it won’t go into gear, it just simply makes a noise. It is possible that this ahs noting to do with my transmission and is just a noise form my suspension, I am not sure, but I know it has only happened twice, and that I can not reproduce the sound no matter what I try.

Thanks so much for any help guys.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine was doing that a while back but when I shifted hard (racing). I had broken my shifter base and when shifting into second gear it was moving the base and making a sound you could hear over the radio.

·
Banned
503 Posts
same problem, u might not be shifting all the way into 2nd gear and it might be sitting on the fence

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stolle said:
same problem, u might not be shifting all the way into 2nd gear and it might be sitting on the fence

I see, so if your not all the way into gear it cnamake a noise like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts