Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like any of the OEM or after market spoiler for our car. The only one I do like is the once of a kind one on the Pro-DTM car.

I was clicking around like I always do when I procrastinate and thought that this Mazda3 spoiler might fit-

Does anyone have a Mazda3? or have a friend with one?

Could you take a look at it maybe measure the length of the trunk and compare the two by eye. Let me know how much customizing it will need?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
that might be a good idea!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
You could always go to a Mazda dealership, have them pull the part and mock it up to see how it would fit.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
dude, i'ma look at that, i really want a lip spoiler, instead of the wing i have now.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I really like the spoiler on the 01 Focus Sedan... subtle, not too big.. looks great [thumbs]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
I really like the spoiler on the 01 Focus Sedan... subtle, not too big.. looks great [thumb]
fixed your smiley for ya [thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^^

Ack! I suck at the internet!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mastodon said:
You could always go to a Mazda dealership, have them pull the part and mock it up to see how it would fit.
you think they would let me do that???

I guess I'll give it a try, can't hurt to ask! At the very least I can walk the lot and just get a real good long look at the trunk.

As for the ebay one, it's a universal one, or atleats the same thing just cut diffrent sizes. It doesn't hold paint very well and when it does it comes out lighter for some reason. It's made of really cheap plastic and is held by 3M tape only. And trust me you can tell just by looing at it it's a cheap POS. It's also VERY hard to get straight. I made the mistake of buying one for my last car... never again.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Someone do a photochop. I'm not really into the mazda wing, but it would definately be unique on a foci.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sloppy photoshop. Hard part was getting rid of the old spoiler. I'd match the paint colors better, but the lights are coming from different angles in those two pictures, so I just gave it a quick run for its money.

I'd assume if it were made for the focus it'd get a better line with the brake light, which would be nice.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Even with the photoshop........ I still don't like it.....

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
hahahahahah..... you're right, I wouldn't... I dunno.. it just seems waaaaaay too small.. like, they had some leftover material from the trunk, but not enough to make a spoiler, so the just molded the rest on the end as best they could....

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, so I parked next to a mazda3 WITH THTHAT SAME SPOILER!!! at the mall last night and took a good long look at.

The trunk does NOT slant in like it appears to in that picture it is almost 90* just like our tunks. I didn't get to measure length, but they appear to be the same or close. The only thing now is it looks like it is round kind of like an arch shap rather than a straight line accross the trunk like us, but I honestly couldn't tell. I looked at it from all angles and sometimes it curves sometimes its straight.

could someone get to a mazda dealer and ask to try it on?

i would but i'm really busy i'm moving back to school soon, but once i'm in i could try.

ALSO mazda has ""Moonlight Grey Metallic Clearcoat" which is identical to "Liquid Grey Metallic Clearcoat" and they are both paint code CX (SCORE 1 FOR ME!!!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts