Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyones rear door sill collect water after a rain? I'll open the door after the cars been sitting after a rain and water pours out. I'm thinking this might pose a problem in the winter. I flintch too when someone I'm driving closes the door.I've reverted to say when people get out....don't slam the door.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've read about that problem on a few threads. I don't have my car yet though, so nothing first hand.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yep, me too. Water gets into the little cubby next to the seat as well. My rear hatch leaks and some foam piece in the front on the driver's door jamb between that and the wheel well is loose and dangling around. I think that may be for sound deadening, though. Those are the least of my issues, unfortunately.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyones rear door sill collect water after a rain? I'll open the door after the cars been sitting after a rain and water pours out. I'm thinking this might pose a problem in the winter. I flintch too when someone I'm driving closes the door.I've reverted to say when people get out....don't slam the door.
Out of curiosity, is this on the passenger or drivers side, or both?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, I noticed that when I first got my car (~mid-May), only on the right side, though. It seemed to be holding quite a bit of water after a heavy rain.

I will keep an eye on it...if it continues, I'll bring it up w/the dealer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of curiosity, is this on the passenger or drivers side, or both?
Both sides, but the passenger side mostly. Maybe the doors need adjusting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's definitely caused by all the door slamming [spank]
The doors don;'t weigh anything. When my daughter closes the doors my ears ring[:)]
You can close them with your little finger they're so light.Not that that's a bad thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, I noticed that when I first got my car (~mid-May), only on the right side, though. It seemed to be holding quite a bit of water after a heavy rain.

I will keep an eye on it...if it continues, I'll bring it up w/the dealer.
I think mines mosly on the driver side and less on the passenger side. I'll probably do the same. I can picture the doors freezing in the winter.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I think the water isn't actually collecting on the sill but is coming out of the door drains and is prevented from draining away until you open the door...
Chris

·
Registered
29 Posts
The water comes out of the door drains, travels down to the bottom of the door edges and gets trapped because the door metal is not folded all the way over at the bottom of the door (it's an open V shape when viewd on end). This is the only car I've had like this and think this area will plug up with dirt pretty quickly and cause premature corrosion. I filled this gap on mine up to prevent dirt and water getting in there in the first place (Shoe Goo or clear silicone caulking) but at the very least I would keep it clean and well oiled with spray can oil(which I didn't do because I didn't want oil drips along the lower matt black plastic trim piece).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I think the water isn't actually collecting on the sill but is coming out of the door drains and is prevented from draining away until you open the door...
Chris
That makes sense Chris. Thanks, I think you nailed it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, it is the same for my Mk4 Mondeo, must be in the design..
Chris

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, so if you open the door water doesn't drip from it then? I see what you are saying, perhaps if you can post a photo of the issue you are talking about so we all know where to look...
Chris

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi, so if you open the door water doesn't drip from it then? I see what you are saying, perhaps if you can a photo of the issue you wish to ilustrate might be more explanatory...
Chris
Chris
I think what Chris is saying is the reasoning why this is happening but for sure a picture would definitely help get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, thank you for your help, I saw my bad grammer and edited my post anyway.
Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll have to look into it further. Sorry I can't take pictures right now. I deleted my bucket account.I need to go in and re activate it or make a new account.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts