Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving down rt2 in warwick ri heading towards my house and i was in the left lane doing about 45 and all of a sudden i hear a massive bang and next thing i know i am spun around saying wtf.... some guy in a rental dodge challenger wasnt paying attention and just plowed in to me.... cops came both cars were towed away spent a few hours in hospital getting checked out but everything is ok but the car.... when it was going up on the flat bed the guy was point out how the trunk was puched in towards the wheelwell and now that door dosent line up so he says prob going to be a total loss...

from the damage i saw if it was fixed would be a new bumper... new tails... and a new trunk but the other guy thought the worse...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ouch sorry to see that. yeah you have frame damage for sure. hopefully not totalled but that's for your insurance to decide.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
The other driver should be burned at the stake for wrecking your car and a Dodge Challenger all in one swipe.

Glad you're ok and hope you can get you car back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This happened to me once with far less damage then you have got. I got a attorney and in 2 years I received a $350,000 check!. If I were you I would stop talking to your insurance company and have a chat with a attorney!. Contrary to what insurance companies want you to believe they DONT have your best interest in mind!. (Just a suggestion)

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
Balders- hard to tell from the pics since it was dark but something tells me they will not total it due to that damage. i am currently doing repairs on a eary 2000s honda accord with almost identical hit on the other quarter. definetly salvageable it just depends more or less on the estimate your given at the body shop and what the insurance adjuster decides

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the support and idea... yea it was dark and they are crappy cellphone pics... i tried reaching in behind my left back tire and i couldnt get my hand in...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
If the car is at the point where you can total it out, or repair it, do the toal. Cars that bad, with repairs are NEVER the same.
Better to just let it go, than repair it and have tone of endless issues.
Just my friends experience.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
boy that sucks.. That shouldn't total your car. Like stated above, you will have frame damage. That challenger got the best of it tho. Good thing your okay.

·
Registered
128 Posts
it's all good. some turtle wax will buff that right out. What matters is you're safe and alive.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
glad your ok, bummer about the car.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
glad youre okay. sorry your car got messed up

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i juts got back from the car and met with the insurance adjuster and we wouldnt give me a straight answer but i should know by tom....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
ouch, thats gonna cost a pretty penny to fix!

but still glad your ok

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Sad to say but seeing this pic, you should hope it is totaled. Cars are never the same after major surgery like that.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
There seems to be a quite a bit of damage to the frame. You're not going to want that car back. She won't be the same.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got the quote from the insurance company... 7200 :(

they valued the car at 13295.50

1 - 20 of 31 Posts