Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my car it seemed that the AC wasn't as good as other cars I'd been in. I thought it might be a tad low on refridgerant. I went to my local auto parts store and got a refill kit.

I checked the pressure and the pressure was just a tad overfilled, nothing to really worry about though. So I didn't put any R134a refridgerant into the system.

Today I checked the air temperature coming out of the vents with the A/C on and it is only 60 degress F. I read somewhere it should be between 40 and 50 F. The outside air temp is only 84 today so it isnt all too hot.

Any ideas on what could be wrong with the A/C?

Thanks!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Could be low, could be alot of things. Does your cold/hot rotate all the way both ways? I have seen the blend door actuator not be properly aligned before and cause that, but it it rotates both ways fully, its probably not that. You may want to check it to see if the pressures are right. Thats way too hot for it to be working properly, it should read down to about 38-40 degrees.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cold hot knob seems to work fine. i checked the ac pressure with the arctic freeze kit i got and it said the pressure was just a tad too high so i dont really wanna put more coolant into the stystem if that is the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts