1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the MFT Nav in a Ti HB.

MFT 2.11.

On to the possession.............

Got in my car to drive from the back driveway around to the front of the house where my car lives. (alley behind the house).

Radio was working as normal, but it had locked up (no sound, either) earlier during the day and went into "maintenance mode" after a vehicle restart.

The day before my phone would not link, but did after sitting overnight.

OK, so on to the possession.

I am sitting in the front of the house, in park. I reset the MPG indicator so I can see what my average is on the way to work and turn off the car. All seems normal. I get out of the car and try to open the drivers back door, but it won't since the drivers front door is open, so I shut the front door and open the back, then......

I hear the stereo doing like a 20hz test tone at full volume. I close the back door since it is night and try to touch the handle to lock the doors hoping it will kill it....no luck. I know this is damaging the speakers, so I try to get a vid on my phone, but no luck....it stopped before the camera could fire up.

I got back into the back drivers again to get my backpack. It did not do it again.

Sooooo, anyone have an experience like this, or am I just lucky?

Thanks,
RCA

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Sound from the speakers is usually caused when the Amplifier is on with open circuit (no signal) to the inputs.
Listening to music without running the engine is not good, because it will lower the battery voltage causing all sorts of electronic problems, which could lead to the car needing a full reset. (and the battery needing replacement sooner.)
Car starting batteries do not like to be deep discharged.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yes. your car is possessed by the "devil" [}:)]. just wait until it starts doing 360's on your front lawn and throwing up all over the place [xx(].

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Listening to your radio for hours isn't going to kill your battery enough to do anything harmful. You could leave it on all night and it would still be just fine tomorrow. Your lights kill your battery, not really your radio.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I don't sit in the car to listen to the radio.

Off, unbuckle then out.

Now the auto light function does stay on for a bit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
yes. your car is possessed by the "devil" [}:)]. just wait until it starts doing 360's on your front lawn and throwing up all over the place [xx(].
Hahaha
[gunfire][deviltail]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Listening to music without running the engine is not good, because it will lower the battery voltage causing all sorts of electronic problems, which could lead to the car needing a full reset. (and the battery needing replacement sooner.)
Car starting batteries do not like to be deep discharged.
Negative.

The 2012 Focus is equipped with an intelligent battery monitoring system which manages battery charging by the generator and monitors the battery state of charge. The battery monitoring system also utilizes a load shed strategy to help control discharge of the battery and prevent an excessively low battery state of charge.

When load shedding does occur, the audio system will be the first thing that is turned off.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nonsense.

Tony
And I thought u was a nice clever guy.
Are you saying that the sound system does'nt use power from the battery and cause it to discharge.
Connect a voltmeter to the battery,
Crank up the sound Subwoofer and All.
Listen to the music for Half an hour .
Check you voltage again.
Listen to the music for Half an hour .
Check your voltage again.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Listening to your radio for hours isn't going to kill your battery enough to do anything harmful. You could leave it on all night and it would still be just fine tomorrow. Your lights kill your battery, not really your radio.
Let's do the math.

The battery is rated at 56 amp/hr.
The average current draw of the audio system is _______.
(Hint: The maximum current draw of the Sony system is in excess of 20A)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I usually listen to the Cd after the car is off.. for awhile. I like it. In fact every single time I drive i have some time continuing listening from thirty seconds to several minutes when shutting off the car.
Never had an issue.

I do agree Ford does have some sort of general ESD (electrostatic discharge) problem with the Focus.
Somewhere in the harness of the 2012 Focus is an area where some wire problems are messing up the systems in a very erratic and bizarre manner.
Just some small voltage issues..
Your ghosts.
With all the odd, various little 'one time' gremlins, I would think this should be obvious to Ford by now. Really Fixing it, that is another issue.
This is my notion of what is going on. Though it is just a guess.

The main car computers in general is really carefully made and do not have these issues. It is the new computer added for Sync and MFT that seems to be the 'nexus' for the ghosts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts