Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so i wanna port my throttle body this saturday or something, and ive been reading the forums and some ppl have a rough idle after porting/replacing a throttle body and only a new tune will fix that, i dont want to tune it (too broke).. so should i still go for it?
+ who has done it - any pics or suggestions would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I ported my svt tb and it made alil bit of a difference.

theres a how-to on focushacks.com

and I used the same gasket.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup i know.. i read it and it didnt say anything about the gasket so i was wondering if you need one + it says fine sandpaper: is like 2000 i used when i was niteshading or like 500-600 should do the job?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
are you gona be using a dremmel?

and you dont have to do anything to the gasket.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I can't remember who's picture this is. But I saved it to help me do mine.

Just make sure you don't touch anything other than above the butterfly. If you can see light through it than your going to have a bad idle. Atleast mine you couldn't see through.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't remember who's picture this is. But I saved it to help me do mine.

Just make sure you don't touch anything other than above the butterfly. If you can see light through it than your going to have a bad idle. Atleast mine you couldn't see through.
thx that gave me a lil better idea :) now im all reay to go even tomorrow if i buy that "Pattex Magic Bar, or equivalent epoxy", i have no idea what that is lol [chairfall]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
make sure you use the epoxy on the back side of the tb where you gona be sanding it.
so you wont weaken the tb.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's not my TB. I just had the pic.

Or you just busting my balls again.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup.. im looking at it now :)
CANADIAN RETAILERS:
Canadian Tire
Home Hardware
Auto Sense
Uni-Select Member
Napa Auto Parts

even lots of places i can get it at :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so from my understanding its just glue kinda thing, do i remove it after im done with porting or leave it?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
its on the outside of the tb. its there just in case you sand too much of the inside of the tb.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts