Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any1 port the head and have u notice a lil gain, i know the stock svt head flows gud but might want a lil more flow and wat the price range 4 it?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you can do a mild port job urself, but if you have someone else do it, its not gonna be cheap!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
if you pull the head its not too bad, if you have the shop do it then the price goes up... just a good port job isnt too bad price wise cause we only got one to do and if you keep stock valves and valve train... if you wanna change that then you could be lookin at a big jump in price...

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Where in NJ are you? Swing by strictlyfocused.com and say hi. [:)]

I'm not 100% sure about porting techniques; I just know that if you port it incorrectly, you'll have more flow at full lift but lose flow at low lift. Your best bet is to talk to the guys at C-F-M; they have experience in porting the SVT head. I have their stage 3 head which will be installed this winter.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
has any1 port the head and have u notice a lil gain, i know the stock svt head flows gud but might want a lil more flow and wat the price range 4 it?
Im not sure about N/A but I know we see gains in FI.

03OrangeSVT (John) did his own.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no even 4 throttle responce or flow i know stock is gud but opening the ports want help at all

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The stock SVT head flows really good for NA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts