Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Are you looking to find out how much material to remove?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

Never used it. I ported it to prove that plastic could be polished. Took me all of a half hour to shave the ribs off and smooth the lip a bit.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^Pretty much what mine looked liked, but holy cow that is polished lol. Mine wasn't no where near that finish. It helped with throttle response and was free though. But it's no where what a real tb gives, it's more like a medium in response. Quicker stock feeling but not a aftermarket tb feeling ether.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the pics. I was reading on another site and they said you could shave that oval to a circle and shaping it with epoxy?? not sure what they mean by that.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I like the way the stock ported throttle body feels. It costs 3 bucks and takes a half hour to do, and it feels better for a DD than my bbk 65mm tb felt. I hated that piece of shit.

When you open up the stock tb, you will actually tunnel through the plastic and there will be a hole. Epoxy (jbweld) is applied before grinding is started, and it adds more material so you don't bore through it. You'll understand when you hold it in your hand.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^so your putting the epoxy to fill that hole in the tb shown above? I just dont want to have to buy another tb if i screw up.

Epoxy is basically jb weld? If so you use the quick setting stuff I assume.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
There is a valley in the plastic on the outside of the throttle body, you are filling that with jbweld. Its so hard to explain.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
520 Posts
I recently did my zx2's TB it's aluminum though. The car seems to have droped by about 150ish RPM's on highway at 70mph. You can also remove the butterfly and cut the shaft down I have pics I have to upload still from my phone. The most naticable diffrence was just smothing it all out the butterfly part made little difference but some.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ya metal no plastic junk. Took a carbite bit, grinding stone then a flapper to it. You do make a hole in 1 spot and use JB weld. On your plastic ones you want 2 part plastic epoxy not jb weld.

Also my car was a dog with the AC on now it dosen't seem to notice that it's on. I used to have to turn the AC off to leave a stop light. Not now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A friend of mine picked up some clay type mold epoxy to use for plastic parts like pvc pipes etc. I guess that will work. I'm doing it tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ported it today, there were no fins on my tb, but it was very easy to port it. I didnt even grind through the plastic and was able to still make a complete circle, I'm proud of myself lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
for a little more cfm you can remove the tps sensor and butterfly. remove the shaft and cut the top of the shaft off. then grind the screws shorter.then reassemble centering the plate and using loctight on the screws. I did this to mine. but found most of the difference from the enlarging the bore very little from the butterfly mod but still some.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts