Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is porting the stock manifold really worth it? and if so, what's the best way to do it?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Personally I think its silly, you can sit and screw around with it for awhile trying not to punch thru the plastic. In the end its only 1 or maybe 2 hp at the most.

If you are talking about a 2000 intake that is. Anything else is a waste of time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, i was talking bout the 2000 intake mani. Well thought I'd ask before I did it cuz I didn't wanna waste my time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wouldnt a ported intake mani and ported throttle body, go good with an intake? They sell the 2000 ported intake mani on focus trends...Is that a waste of money if your tying to complete your inake system.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ok slow down people i was told by ray that if im gonna do my head work a 2000 intake mani is a good idea cause it frees up the air flow now what up! you calling ray ray lier i will backhand you! lol
btw thats mcnewauto ray ray

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Additional hand porting on the 2000 manifold is not necessary, shall I say it 5 more times?

Focus mike, what the hell are you talking about? If you don't know whats going on don't butt in.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Focus mike, you say head work. What kind of head work are you talking about? Are you planning to get a ported head? I've talked to mcnews bout this shyt before actually (except the 2000 ported intake manifold). Focal says it is pointless SO IT IS POINTLESS, and don't ask about the FR intake manifold because you shouldn't even think about that untill your making more power, maybe up to 200 hp, besides its gonna be hassle to even get it put on if u did get the FR mani.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just purchased a Volant intake (from eurozx3) and a ProFlo MAF. I am wondering if it is necessary or should I say worth it to spend another couple hundred on a Ported 2000 Intake Manifold. I am not going to do any hand porting.

Is it necessary or again worth it to add larger fuel injectors? If so, what size?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OKAY, I all ready asked focal this and he said it is not worth the money or the time to buy or port the 2000 intake manifold. Don't waste your time or money!

and fliphandywork? what are your mods?

·
Registered
109 Posts
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC said:
OKAY, I all ready asked focal this and he said it is not worth the money or the time to buy or port the 2000 intake manifold. Don't waste your time or money!

and fliphandywork? what are your mods?
The way that I interpreted it was as follows: The ported 2000 intake manifold is a good mod. However, it is not wise or necessary to do any further hand porting. I could be wrong.

Exhaust
JBA Shorty Headers
Random Tech. High Flow Cat
2.5" Stainless Steel Flexpipe
Borla Cat-Back

Suspension
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Dampers
Steeda Front Strut Tower Brace
Focus Sport Rear Strut Tower Brace

Bolt On
BBK 65MM Throttle Body
Focus Central UDP
Volant Intake
STR High Flow Fuel Rail
Stainless Steel Braided Brakelines
ProFlo 70MM MAF
MSD 8MM Wires

Interior & Looks
B&M Short Shifter
Leather Corbeau TRS Seats
Corbeau 3 point belts
Ford Europe ST220 Wheels w/Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40/17

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm well, you could get bigger fuel injectors. The stock ones are 19 and fuel flow is important. Maybe 24 lb or 30 lb... maybe focal can help u out a little more.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ray ray told me 24 lbs. if i want to and they arent nesecerry but im gonna do it anyways with the MAF
so yea allmotor guy im doing the whole head set up with stage to fr cams. all the goodies im getting every thing done at one time. you guys wanna say the 2000 mani isnt worth it well im getting it just to finish the puzzle its not about oh it'll add 1-3 hp or whatever its so i have peace of mind. i get all a crazy if i do a half ass job and it irretates me bad too. if that 1-3 hp can get me from 15.0 to 14.9 im gonna SMILE i want to see a 14 that would look pretty on a time sheet. : )i like pretty thing i like them alot....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well i think focal is saying getting the 2000 mani and porting it are two different things

1 - 20 of 28 Posts