Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Focus ZX3, Manual. SVT headers, brakes, and suspension swap, sway bars, cam gears, intake
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like have the head on my zetec mildly ported and im too uncooridinated to trust myself to do it. How would I go about having the head ported, i.e. where to go, what prices to expect? also expecting to do cams and more in the future, but this is very much a budget build. I've heard of the cnc machined zetec head but its definetly out of my price range.

·
FF Affiliate
31,747 Posts
The Ford Racing head your referring to hasnt been sold in about 10-12 years and hard to find , I have 3 new in the Box

I can Port the head and a few places in the UK still do it but your looking at about 1000.00 + Machine work and Valve Job

What are you building and whats your goals

Tom

·
Registered
2000 Focus ZX3, Manual. SVT headers, brakes, and suspension swap, sway bars, cam gears, intake
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ford Racing head your referring to hasnt been sold in about 10-12 years and hard to find , I have 3 new in the Box

I can Port the head and a few places in the UK still do it but your looking at about 1000.00 + Machine work and Valve Job

What are you building and whats your goals

Tom
Im building a Focus and looking to be in the realm of 160-170 hp from mild porting, a stage 2 intake cam and stage 1 exhaust cam and maybe some higher compression upgrades, though I'm not sure what is the best and cheapest route to go when it comes to upping compression. My main goal with this build is being budget friendly. junkyards, workarounds, new ideas. I don't need the best of the best, top of the line $3000 cylinder head+cams+valves. I am also in the US so sending parts back and forth over seas is going to be too hard on my wallet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its more of a build that gets worked on as moeny comes along, but saving up I'd say I could pull together $500-$750 for a head, maybe less if i supplied the head for porting? not sure how prices are calculated for that sort of thing

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 173k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 194k miles
4,038 Posts
Its more of a build that gets worked on as moeny comes along, but saving up I'd say I could pull together $500-$750 for a head, maybe less if i supplied the head for porting? not sure how prices are calculated for that sort of thing
A simple port match is cheap. Bowl and combustion chamber relieving and polishing is expensive.

·
FF Affiliate
31,747 Posts
The head needs
Port work
Cams
Performance Springs
Surfaced
Valve Job
Clearances set for Cams
Adj Cam Gears
ARP Head Studs

You wont be able to do that for 750.00

I would start with the supporting mods , they cost less , there still needed and you will get a good bump from them
My Custom Tune
SVT Header
3 inch Exh
Good intake
180 deg Thermostat

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.