Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any 1 ported or bored the tb is it worth porting the stock throttle body or should i buy the 67mm tb from focus central

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
yeah its worth it, mostly for throttle response. You wont get more than 2 hp from either the ported or the 67mm. I would just port the stock one. Search for a how to. You will need 5 min apoxy and a dremel. I have been looking into using a mustang TB, I have heard you can make it work and it would be way cheaper than the focus central.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
you dont get any HP from TB. Just TB response

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Man you are all about porting things..lol. I larger or ported throttle body, like what's been said, isn't really going to net you much hp gain, just be more response to throttle inputs which IMO, is totally worth it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking 4 perfect throttle response and nobody ask about ported things so i ask. so wats to price range 4 porten the tb

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I happen to have an extra SVT TB if you want to do it to that instead of using yours. Its always good to have an extra when doing something like this!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks but im keeping my old tb after i swap im motor along with my intake manifold and ect but thanks 4 the offer,

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
The cfm 67mm performance throttle body has a flat throttle body blade while the factory is more like a potato chip. The throttle body will have increase throttle response, and flow more than stock ported throttle body. The cfm throttle body really response well with an aftermarket air intake. Click here for more information.

·
Registered
807 Posts
nobody ask about ported things so i ask.
pretty sure there are several posts on ported throttle bodies, I think I even started one at some point.
I'm getting the CFM 67mm tb, you can port your stock svt tb to 65mm, and I want that extra 2mm. The CFM seems like a better deal than the FS one, I'm getting the 67mm TB and a nice short throw for roughly 350, which if I'm not mistaken is still less than the FS tb alone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea im sure theses alot of post about the ported tb but not the way i ask the ? i hate constantly looking thought the threads so i just ask the ? but im going to port my oem tb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts