Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderng if I had my ported box with the sub facing the back of the rear seats and the ports facing up wards towards the deck, if it would be as loud as having the sub facing towards the back of trunk ?? The ports will still be located facing towards the rear deck. Also if I got the snorkle ports that would make the ports face towards the rear of the trunk if it would sound any different? The equipment being used is 1 12" type R with a Alpine MRP-M500 Amp.

·
Registered
160 Posts
not sure man..ive got 2 jl w3s in a dual box with the port in the middle..its one big hole that runs from the top of the box to the bottom in between the 2 subs. i tried once turnin it around so the port/subs faced the seat and if i remember correctly it didnt sound as good.

i think it just depends on the person as to what they like. might be a huge PITA but just try moving your box to a diff position and drive normally for 2 or 3 days and switch positions..just listen and see what is good for you

·
Registered
66 Posts
Being a hatchback it really won't make a difference. Think of your car as a giant box, i know...bear with me, and try this: play with loud bass with the windows up, then try rolling them down, guaranteed you will get a deeper bass. Now, try listening with the hatch open, almost no bass in the vehicle because it is escaping through a huge hole. I know it sounds hard to understand but basically, the sound is all flowing through the vehicle the same way so the direction they face is really up to you, and will make no difference in the sound. Works the same way for extended cab trucks.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
If its a coupe, sub back port back will create the most RUMBLE.. but in a hatch sub up port back will create thee RUMBLE .just IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts