Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K guys... I have a lil popping noise when when I turn really hard to either side it happens mostly while I am stopped and turning my wheels but I have heard it a couple of times when driving really slow anddoing the same. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Check the upper strut mount. My friends mazda 3 he just bought was doing the same thing and his top strut mount bearings were shot.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm? this is a fairly new suspension with maybe about 8k miles on it... bought it brand new off of bat inc, the fully adjustable spax ones (yea, its a wagon).i was thinking something alon the lines of the steering components but I will check that out, gotta find what your talking about first, lol. Thanks.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
yea popping could definately be cv joints. Our ball joints are not greasable from the factory, and i'm not sure if that would cause it. Give the suspension a good shake down, checking the tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings, sway links, sway bushings, ect. Alsoo while its up in the air, turn the wheel to lock and put it in D, you can put a long screwdriver on the knuckle and on various other components, and put the handle to your ear. Not sure how much of this you already know, but hey- you said anything is appreciated.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a similar problem recently, turns out one of my wheels didnt have the lug nuts torqued down, something you may want to check, your problem sounds the same as what mine was like.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
every wheel rotation, do you feel any slight pull back on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
never mind... i went to replace rotors and pads and saw the issue...pax side axle boot was torn and no grease inside... replaced axle, issue gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts