Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this morning I opened the hatch on my 2012 ford focus and all of a sudden it started making this popping sounds almost like bubble wrap but a lot louder. it was going on for about 3 to 5 minutes.I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from because it sounded like it was coming from every where in the car. The first thing I thought was the kids left a toy in the car, but could find one. Has anyone expierience a similar situation because I'm stumped on this one.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I've had this happen too! It's so weird! It doesn't bother me anymore but the first time, I thought someone hit my trunk, that's how loud it is. I was sitting in my seat and it sounds like it's in the back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There is a TSB posted somewhere here about the bass module(or all the speakers I cant recall) in the back making some noise when turned off.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I've had this happen too! It's so weird! It doesn't bother me anymore but the first time, I thought someone hit my trunk, that's how loud it is. I was sitting in my seat and it sounds like it's in the back.
Hi papaacer,

Are you still experiencing this concern? Please let me know, along with your mileage and if you've been to the dealer about it.

Meagan

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ok this morning I opened the hatch on my 2012 ford focus and all of a sudden it started making this popping sounds almost like bubble wrap but a lot louder. it was going on for about 3 to 5 minutes.../QUOTE]

Allow me to assist, focusdonu. Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis? If so, what’s the current status? Please send the odometer reading; I’ll look into it.

Kwasi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts