Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm in Ohio and only now am I driving my focus in cooler weather. What I've noticed is a popping nosie coming from near the top of the window around either the mirror or driver side visor area. My car is a SEL with moonroof. It seems to only happen when it's colder that around 45 degrees outiside. The noise sounds a lot like a small pebble hitting the window (which is not actually happening !!!). Anyone else have this type of noise/rattle. And it only happens when moving - not when stopped/parked.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same kind of popping noise on my se (sfe) sedan with no moon roof
Only happens once in a while while driving when cold no one else around so couldn't be a rock.
Not annoying to me just notice it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved

Update on my problem - The initial message in this thread ---- I thought the popping noise I was hearing was coming from the top of the windshield - It was not - It was coming from a large black plastic panel under the hood right below where the the windshield wipers rest. It has some snaps that hold it down, and the snaps weren't properly seated (Snapped down). I had a tech ride with me in the car and once he heard the noise, he had me pull over. He started messing with the windshield, but said that wasn't the issue. He then had me open the hood and while he was messing around with the black plastic panel I heard the noise. He then pressed down where the plastic panel clips downs to properly fasten the panel.After that we drove around some more and to my surprise, the problem was gone. I've now gone several days and all is quiet. Just thought I would update everyone on the solution.

Thanks,
Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts