·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of pop up lights on the focus?? if so where and how much j/w

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol i would love to see it. imagnie if u could just make the stocks raise up into place and then when they are off the like are covered up

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've never seen that on any car that didn't already come with them from the factory. I think it's kinda stupid though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im just wondering what yall think I think i would look kinda goofy just like lambo doors would

·
Registered
678 Posts
pop up lights on a focus would look kinda out of place.. I still wanna see it also.. someone should do it just to see what it would look like.. pretty sure its not gonna look so great..

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Maybe not the traditional Popup lights.. but some form of trick lights would look cool on the Focus... Maybe like... a thin skin that opens like a set of doors.. or an eyelid.. whnen it turns on.. like a big evil mechanical eye... hehehe

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
wtf........everyone who has pop ups wishes they didnt and would rather the flat ones

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I remember when I was a kid growing up in the 80's I thought pop-ups were the shiznit. My dad even had a company car for a couple of years that had them, it was a Buick Skyhawk. That was the Buick version of the Cavalier. And when a Buick had pop-ups, you knew it was a trend that was getting played out. But at the time I thought it was cool. [rolleyes]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Sounds like an expensive mod to me..............not woth the time or money. my 2¢

·
Registered
875 Posts
I haven't heard of non-factory retractable lights.. they're heavy, freeze in the cold, and do *wonders* for your Cd...

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
For the sake of pondering the thought, this would radically change the front end appearance of the car. The angularity of the headlights would be lost to a bland oversized looking hood.

·
Registered
875 Posts
HotRodWagon said:
The angularity of the headlights would be lost to a bland oversized looking hood.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
they definatly would be "novel" but i wouldnt go for it. i had a friend growing up whos dad's car had pop up lights, one day the motor stopped working on one of the headlights, that made it kind of useless. i also think it would really mess with the aerodynamics of the car.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
here's the thing. I figure, instead of having them lift from the back, you'd want them to flip from the sides. Whether outside or in is up to an engineer with the modivation to do this. The gain of such a mod would be just like painting your headlights the same color as your car. I'll see if I can do a photoshop of it on my car. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Somethings are just not supposed to be done for the sake of "sore eyes". But, good luck in whatever ya do. Any mod is a definate consideration and point scorer at shows.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
[rofl]

I had them on my 1990 Probe.. they were cool at the time.. But they would freeze down in the winter sometimes!

I don't think they would look right on a Foci

1 - 20 of 20 Posts