Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so with my 'turbo tune' on decel my car POPS! a lot! It almost sound slike gunfire and isnt my favorite sound - how do I get rid of it? Im sure it has to do with fuel being cut vs. spark from the ignition, but how on earth can I put it to rest. I dont mind a little blub blub but the pop is LOUD. It sounds like backfire.

Tom, I'm figuring its tune related. When I go back to Ray for the intercooler/ 15psi tune, what do I ask for?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Mine has pretty bad backfire on decel also. With waynes N/A tune i had before the blower it totally was gone but with the modified BBK tune it came back.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
mike 1 said:

Tom, I'm figuring its tune related. When I go back to Ray for the intercooler/ 15psi tune, what do I ask for?
...Ask Ray to remove ALL you're Turbo&performance hardware and put it back to stock,including the exhaust...then you'll be real quiet...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: pop pop pop POP! On Decel...

finalley said:
...Ask Ray to remove ALL you're Turbo&performance hardware and put it back to stock,including the exhaust...then you'll be real quiet...
Negative! ;-)

I just didnt know if it was somehting that could be 'tuned out.' If not, I'll do the ole half clutch method that works so well for me...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Check the exhaust for leaks... #1 source of backfire

I get maybe 1 or 2 pops ... it happens when your AFR goes lean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts