Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started home and heard a pop and pulled over to this
sheared off the top shank off my h&r coilover. It was my bad running it with the spc plates. Now im getting the FSWERKS race camber plates top hats and race springs. But does any body k ow how much the pass shock is for the h&r coilovers?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup so waiting on the flat bed right now[bawling]

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
you shoulda just crazy glued it and drove home! hahaha.

i couldnt imagine a single one being more than 200

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Damn big fail that sucks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
better then i turned out when my control arm pinch bolt took a shit.

was always skeptical about those SPC plates, this just proves ill never buy them.

hope you have your car ripping around in no time.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
yeah I never like the looks of any of those camber plates for our cars. probally could of jacked it up a bit and poped the strut back in place and drove it real quick

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About 10k on them with no problem but when I talked to FSWERKS one of the guys did the same thing so he warned me and what sucks too was I was saving up to swap it out lol I guess it will get done sooner haha

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thing I was only going 5mph. So I get screwed and lucky and the same time

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Yo...check out dat mad camber yo! :p

Sorry to hear that man, never fun seeing your baby on the back of a flat bed :(

Hope you get her back together better than before soon though. I never did like those plates either.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
That sucks :(

A friend got a replacement passenger side H&R setup through FSWERKS for like $350 about a year ago

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I've heard that not only the SPC plates, but any camber plates with that same or similar design will fail that way. Which is why I haven't bought any yet.

You're correct. This type of camber plate design places a lot of shear load and stress on the piston shaft. This leads to premature destruction of the plate (if your lucky) or ruining the shock (like seen above) or the shocks seals (either way it gets expensive). This is one of those times the cheap solution is not a good one.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered my one h&r shock($319) and FSWERKS race camber plates($239) and the last the 457lb h&r race springs with top hats($180)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts