Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So far I am very happy with my 2012 Focus SE. I did not get Sync so my Aux inout is in the glove box, which is a bit of a PIA but ok. The problem is, the sound qualitu on it sucks! there is an audable hiss when listening to my ipod. I have tried different cables all with the same result. ANyone else experiencing this?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have a hiss as well. Using a Droid X with a Monster cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am debating whether or not to take it into the dealer and test it against another one to see if its just normal...which would suck

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Bring the volume control down on your source and raise the volume control in the car. That worked for me.
That's not how it's supposed to work though. Aren't you getting white noise from your HU now?

How you're supposed to set the volume is to find your audio level on FM/CD and switch between those and Line In and adjust the volume on your device until they're balanced between the two when you switch back and forth.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same set up and have no issues, sounds great using my ipod.

On a side note do not waste your money on any Monster products, they are the biggest waste of money and biggest scam in the electronics business. Look at a website called Monoprice.com, same or better quality than Monster at a price point that will make you sick over what you will pay for a name brand at a big box store.

Here is a link to what I am using, bit bulky as some of the reviews point out but hasn't been a problem.http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021812&p_id=5577&seq=1&format=4#feedback

Also for those who love high quality HD there is no place better to get high quality HDMI cables.

Sorry for the semi off topic rant I just cant stand Monster. [cheers]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Used/using both Ipod Nano and original Droid via aux input in the glovebox and no issues at any volume. On two different cars. "Sounds" like it needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey everyone,

So far I am very happy with my 2012 Focus SE. I did not get Sync so my Aux inout is in the glove box, which is a bit of a PIA but ok. The problem is, the sound qualitu on it sucks! there is an audable hiss when listening to my ipod. I have tried different cables all with the same result. ANyone else experiencing this?
FYI I have Sync and my aux and USB ports are in the glove box.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is definitely some shoddy implementation of the aux input. I notice that whenever the cable is not hooked into my iphone, there is some strange interference that you can hear with the car on or off. Once I plug my phone in, it goes away and I dont have any hissing issue. I do get a very loud hissing when I plug in a 12v USB charger into my phone and have the aux connected, which is probably some sort of ground loop. A friend of mine plugged in his iphone with an external battery pack and it hissed unless the volume was all the way up on his iphone, no idea what's going on there. But yea, something is up with that aux jack. I wish there was an easy way of putting in an aftermarket stereo as that would sound much better than the stock one.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I noticed the same issue when i borrowed the gf's expensive higher grade cable (not a monster one though) Had no issues with the cheaper grade? dynex best buy ones. I use a splitter and an extension to give me an extra cord for my creative zen. The other one runs to my standalone sirius receiver.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am debating whether or not to take it into the dealer and test it against another one to see if its just normal...which would suck
Couldn't hurt! [80?]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah there is definitely white noise or hiss when volume is almost maxed out on sound system and ipod volume is low. But it goes away if you lower the volume and increase ipod volume.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I run my iPod at full volume and don't have any hiss issues. The cable is a generic Radio Shack sort. If it doesn't work that way (or after a cable swap), maybe you should take it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same problem and here is the list of things that I have done to try and troubleshoot the problem:

1. Bought another Aux cable and checked to see if it was the aux.

2. Made sure they were properly inserted.(probably the first thing I did.)

3. Lowered the volume of my iphone and raised the volume of the radio.(this in fact made it worse. I could only hear static. at 50% volume on my phone. and at 3/4 of the volume i could barely hear the music.)

4. Checked my phone and both cables to see if they worked in other aux items. (worked like a charm.)

this is the one huge problem I have with the car. I'm that person that needs my music to sound the way it's suppose to if not i'm upset at the quality.

I've considered going to the dealership to go see if they can help me out but I wanted to see if people have experienced the same thing and maybe have solved the problem. If you have, Please let me know!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts