Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you cant post pics like that and not explain.... holy crap, i feel really bad for you, that focus was CLEAN!

oh a good note, the headlights look ok, so you wont have to deal with the pain of re-doing them...

·
Registered
630 Posts
omg... [bawling] I know how you must feel. When my car got hit I was depressed for like 2 weeks. Even after it was fixed I never really felt like it was the same. Poor car.. What happened btw

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI This car is FranticFocus'. More pictures of the car and damage will follow... I will leave it to Frantic to give a detailed explanation.. I was in front of him at the time. His rear end slid out on some dirt on an off ramp and hit a gaurd rail causing the front end to whip against the gaurd rail...

He is ok, he bumped his head but is ok.. We're unsure on whether the car is totalled... What is hte piece that looks like it's been pushed up against the transmission??? the other side of the car is FINE! you wouldn't be able to tell it was in an accident other then the front bumper drooping now thanks to the tow truck drivers...

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
That piece pushing against the transmission is part of the frame...odds are they're going to total it. It'd cost too much to fix that.

·
WWTPD?
1,735 Posts
Damn, I feel bad for him. I hope it works out financially for him, being that he had a good deal of aftermarket stuff done that the insurance company (most likely) wont cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That sucks man, the insurance company is probably going to total the car because the damage is probably over 85% of the value of the car which I believe is the point at which the insurance company totals cars.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear that Eric is okay. Poor car[:(] That makes me sad looking at those pics.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Wow...so was it his fault for driving too fast. Or the Road people's fault for not cleaning the road?? Sorry to bust some balls there just curious. I fear that will happen to me some day....well real soon anyhow...being that my tire where completly bald his have lots of tread on them.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
sucks for the car but that can be replaced.........glad to hear about the driver he cant be

·
Registered
500 Posts
Scott I didnt even know you were going to do this.. thank you I dont think I could of posted the pictures...

I am fine like Scott said I hit my head but other then that I am fine physicly... Scott was infront of me taking the off ramp I was not in the turn lane but changed lanes crossing the solid white line., when I started the turn in I was slowing and relised just how soon the turn was so I down shifted into second (under 50mph otherwise I would of been practicly bouncing off the rev cop told me he thought I was going about 80 from what info I am not sure...) I began to slide on the salt/sand/whatever ended up locking up the breaks as my rear end slid out from behind me. I tried to save it but the rear of the car hit the guard rail first and about 2second later the front end whipped into the guard rail.

Cop came and wrote me a ticket for reckless driving failing to control car and cause I crossed the solid white line. Wrote me for illegal tint, 35% is legal mine is... was 15%, and wrote me for the smoked cover I had on my rear license plate. Then gave me shit for the suction cups for my raidar detector which was stolen last month... and then lectured me about my front plate being in my window...

Thanks for everything everyone.. Mia is now sittin infront of Scotts house, I guess we will have to start stripping her down. Still not sure of what exactly I am going to do with insurance, getting a new car, and just getting to work on Tuesday....

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I'm glad you're alright too. And I know exactly what you're going through. When I totalled my first ZX3 I hit my head against the driver side window from the driver side impact, probably not unlike what happened to you. But all I got was a minor bruise on the temple and a stiff neck for a couple of days. That's about it. I still got it checked out at the hospital, and I think you should too if you haven't.

More recently I got into another accident (minor thankfully) while taking an S-turn way too quickly on wet roads. Yeah, that "oh shit" feeling you get when you know something is going to happen isn't something I'd like to experience ever again. The Focus pretty much wants to go wherever it wants once that fishtailing starts. The only thing you can do is sit back and hope you don't hit anything.

People will tell you "oh you should've done this and this" and you're just shaking your head because you know you probably already did all the right things to help yourself in that split second of control you had. There's always the possibility of oversteering and understeering, and making the accident worse. So don't feel guilty about it. Sometimes physics wins regardless of what you could've done.

So I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you go through a full recovery and get back on a new set of wheels soon. You've probably already gotten tons of lectures about driving safer now, as I did too, so I don't think anything else needs to be said. Live and learn from your past mistakes.

And hopefully insurance won't be too hard on you. I think that's the worst part of an accident. Once you've sorted out that you're alive and well, you've gotta deal with the impending headache of insurance companies. It's almost as traumatizing as the accident itself. Ughh...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks mmmoose I have gotten a few lectures already but hey I will take them as they come...

I only lightly hit my head nothing bad believe if I thought anything was wrong I would of gone to get checked out.

Thanks for everything, its good to know so many of you liked my car I hope I can sort things out and get some new wheels and hopefully please you all again. I am heading to bed as I have had a really long day, thanks again.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts