Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 06 ZX5 with the sunroof. I have noticed that the lighting is very poor in the back seat with the doors open and also in the front while driving (can't find my cup holders)

I am considering mountiing some LED's in the headliner for the bacl seat and wiring them in to the dome light circuit (to work off the dome light monitor feature).

As for the cup holders I was thiniking of a couple of LED's in the dash for that.

Anyone ever do these mods?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes, the cupholder mod has been done. Search it.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
try putting those LED's into the oh-shit handles, will look nice and clean.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i love reed's idea... that would be bitchen and i dont think ive ever seen it done... running wires might be a bitch but it would look killer!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking of going the electroluminescent route. I think it will be more of a subtle light and I can cut and shape that stuff to fit my needs... (I hope)

·
Registered
454 Posts
i dont know if you're looking for a stock look or an aftermarket look. but i noticed the same problem in my 05 st w| sunroof. i stumbled across a dome light at a ford salvage yard I pulled it out of a focus wagon in the back cargo area of the vehicle. THE NICE THING ABOUT THIS LIGHT IS ITS VERY STREAM LINE. ith has a mount that just clips to your headliner. no drilling!! you cut out the shape of the light, and run the wires to the front dome light. I'm sure you can get one of these from ford. i checked with my local ford dealership and they quoted $19.00 for the light. let me know if you have any more questions. hope this helps!!peace!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts