Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I got my bushings I could definitely tell the difference, it felt like I got thicker sway bars all arround. Felt like about 30% stiffer then with normal bushings. The ride is deffinitly harder and you can feel every bump. But don't get fooled by the low price of the actual bushings, the work is what will cost you, plus u most likely will need some new bolts. Overall one of the better mods on my car IMO.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
There might be a how to on here. Think the biggest hurdle is getting old bushings out of the lca's. Will have to torch and drill it out. I want to do this but my car is out of commission at the moment.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
they make a huge difference when it comes to hard hard cornering....they are a PITA to install...atleast the rear trailing arm bushings were.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got the prothane total kit and the kit cost about 250 but the instal was 500.... and an alignment...
but it was totally worth it! it does have a really harsh ride but it is great in the corners

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
i got the prothane total kit and the kit cost about 250 but the instal was 500.... and an alignment...
but it was totally worth it! it does have a really harsh ride but it is great in the corners
what kit do you have???

I got my Energy Suspension poly kit on ebay for 110 shipped..

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got prothane bushing kit. has like all the bushings in your suspension that is replaces. even the spring isolators

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got prothane bushing kit. has like all the bushings in your suspension that is replaces. even the spring isolators or whatever theyre called

1 - 17 of 17 Posts