Votes: 37 6.0%
  • other

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ok got a FNG question, what are dampers, and if I install the Eibach pro-kit (1.2 front 1.6 rear) do I need to install new ones ?

·
Banned
621 Posts
My setup=
-Tein S-Tech's
-Eibach Pro Dampers
-Steeda 28mm RSB

BTW Leadf00t, Dampers are your Shock/Struts and no you dont need new ones for the pro kit drop, But it will def complement the springs-

·
Registered
72 Posts
so which is the better route? the eibach sportline, and then the eibach pro dampers, OR, or...the h&r cup kit? which is the better route overall? price, value...ect.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I'm going to be upgrading in the near future (like, next week) to the discontinued Ford Racing/KW springs and KYB AGX adjustable dampers.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
well, by later this afternoon i'll be running KW springs w/SVT dampeners. then i'll be ordering the progress rear sway bar next week.

·
Registered
658 Posts
H&r Full Cup Kit

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Ok got a FNG question, what are dampers, and if I install the Eibach pro-kit (1.2 front 1.6 rear) do I need to install new ones ?
Dampers are the technically correct term for shock absorber. A dampers controls both rebound and compression strokes of a spring. Technically (engineering nerd use) a shock controls one or the other and a spring need not be involved in creating the motion. It became common in the U.S. to use the term shock rather than damper (which is a more common term elsewhere in the world).

And yes, its always advisable to use new shocks /dampers with new springs, especially if the springs are shorter (shorter shock shafts are needed to maintain travel) as well to effectively dampen the increased spring rates shorter springs normally have. Stock shocks may work initially, but they will quickly tire out. You'll never witness the full performance benefits of the new springs unless they are effectively damped. Only a shock specifically designed for use with the shorter/stiffer spring can do that correctly.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
eibach prokit springs on stock shocks. looking to buy some KYB's to replaced the worn out front ones for now then later in the futere when i got more $ replace the rear for some KYB's too.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Koni yellow shocks/struts
eibach sportline springs
steeda rear anti-sway
H&R gfront anti-sway

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stock SVT Suspension for the moment.

I'm switching to the Saleen/Racecraft Suspension kit w/ struts, springs, front and rear sways and bushings from the n2o Saleen Focus for a measely $450 US. This is gonna get done PDQ, so I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes, and give plenty of pics/reviews.

101 - 120 of 211 Posts