Focus Fanatics Forum banner

should I do the redline hood lifts?

• YES! they are a nice mod and onLY $70 bucks!

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • HELL NO! you have the LAST 3-door SVTF, you can't DRILL into it!!!!

Votes: 8 26.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I would LIKE to do this at one point in time......

Pro's- I clean my car all the time and am under the hood a lot, and at car shows this would be nice......

cons.....the drilling part......[xx(]

·
Registered
784 Posts
I voted no, just because i wouldn't do that myself.
I would agree it does look good but it just isn't somthing I'd do.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have had mine for over a year and a half, i love them. Very easy mod and still works perfectly. One thing though. Another member on here just did that mod and they only sent one strut. He said that is all they send now and thats all you need? It did work on his car, but i do like the double strut kit better. Ill be glad to post up a couple pics if you guys want some.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
post picts cause I wanna se your engine bay [;)]

I wouldn't mind 1........it should be cheaper though.......

as long as it closes and opens correctly, I'm indifferent

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ill take a couple at lunch and get them posted.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[thumb]

that and they aren't YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!

GOD, that yellow is ugly......gotta paint that stuff......

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Heres a couple of the Redline kit:

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice....I want the header wrap, but I know the heatshield is gonna be a BITCH to get off.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is even better (IMO)

Check out the ones I will be getting from European Parts, they are cheaper ($40), plus they mount to existing locations on the fenders, you just drill holes in your hood hinges, instead of the hood itself, all that on top of a much, much sweeter look.

Euro Lifts

How 'bout them apples?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Looks like a good deal. The header wrap isnt that bad. You have to remove the header to do it properly anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i love my redline hood lifts. i had no problems with drilling my car since they are never coming off. [:)]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i've been wanting this also. redlines are great as i've heard from many people and not just focus owners. thanks Trickfocus, i've never seen those ones and i think i like those a lot more. i might consider buying those ones instead. [thumb]

i've been wanting their(redline's) svt floor mats but with the orange stiching. anybody recommend them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
TrickFocus,
I have a set of the Euro Lifts and took them off, the hinge does not like the load that is put through it , the hood has a lot of leverage that is concentrated right at the point where the hinge is attached to the hood, I could never get mine to close properly and the hood gap was high in the back (it was bending the hinges) Get the ones from Redline they support the weight of the hood and take a BIG load off the hinges. If you REALLY want a set of Euro Lifts I"ll make you a great deal, if I can find the ones I took off my car.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
^^^something to consider^^^. Redline seems to have the leverage done better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i've got the orange floormat set from redline tuning and they are of very good quality. in fact if you go to their website and click on the floormat there are pics of the interior of my car with their floormats. i met them guy's at a NMRA car show in martin michigan a few years ago and they took a couple photos of my car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
orangecrate said:
i've got the orange floormat set from redline tuning and they are of very good quality. in fact if you go to their website and click on the floormat there are pics of the interior of my car with their floormats. i met them guy's at a NMRA car show in martin michigan a few years ago and they took a couple photos of my car.
[???:)] This thread was about the Redline Hood Lifts...but im glad you are able to give a positive word about the company, im sure it'll help his final decision....

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my dad had them on his mach and it's so much easier since he tinkers in his engine bay so much.......Just something I was thing about.......I guess it's just up to me to drill some holes in my car......

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The holes that are drilled are not that bad. Believe me, i would never do anything like that to my car, but this is totally worth the little holes. I dont ever see taking this kit off. If the struts ever go bad, Advance Auto Parts has replacement struts, so thats not a problem there. I really dont see anyone complaining about this kit if they have ever seen how well it works. Any of you guys that know me, know that i am as picky with my car as anyone you have ever met. This is a great mod and one that no one will ever say, "I wish i hadnt done that".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts