• other: suggestions????

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a cai, borla cat back and just ordered obx race header and was wondering what to get next. I want to get either a volant cai or a fc tb but i dont know if i get the tb it will not be ntoiced as much as the volant decisons decisions decisions.......if you have any other suggestions leave them in a reply.....later

feedback would help[thumb]

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
actually the TB will prolly be much better, you will get better throttle response as compared to a cai...plus you never mention what cai you currently have.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Maybe a sct tuner or some other tuner. Contact Hypnotic Illusions at 770-378-3447. Tuner is one of the best things to do for the money.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
So you have a catback and race header but no aftermarket flexpipe? If not, go with one of those.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ouikikazz said:
actually the TB will prolly be much better, you will get better throttle response as compared to a cai...plus you never mention what cai you currently have.
I have the crappy EBAY intake somebody please jit me [boxface] but oh well live and learn [?|]

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
resonator (replace the cat), short shifter, after market flex like zx3chick said, SVT suspension/eibach pro system plus/ H and R cup kit..........

You said you have a CAI, whats wrong with yours?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/\ its ebay [nutkick] it sucks!!!! oh well....mayeb i should go with the flex pipe how big of a difference would i notice b/c i would like to have a faster throttle responce [:D]

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
the TB won't doo much for you unless you end up getting the whole system upgraded, including the intake manifold and the cylinder head. I would rather spend the money on a Volant as the gains will be better out of the box.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Go with the Flexpipe, i had intake OBX 4-2-1 race header and my catback and when i put the Flex on it made a big difference. i suggest that and its like 115 shipped. that would be my suggestion

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
*in my opinion*

1. finish up yer exhaust... other mods are meaningless unless your exhaust piping is consistantly sized through and through....

2. get that *^$(#^$(# pos ghetto-fabulous ebay special intake off yer car... you should be smacked (dont feel bad i had an ebay intake once upon a time)..

3. get the throttle body anyway... you'll end up with it down the road one way or another... might as well go ahead and get it now...

4. stop spending money and put some serious thought into what you want your car to do for you... then establish a budget.. and start saving!!! this is quite possibly the most important step

once you know where you wanna go with yer car (whether it be n/a, supercharger or turbocharger)... save up and buy it!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Maybe intake next.. I will disagree with a few and say wait for the tune till you are done all your bolt-ons!

Flex-pipe isn't a bad idea either.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
viney266 said:
Maybe intake next.. I will disagree with a few and say wait for the tune till you are done all your bolt-ons!

Flex-pipe isn't a bad idea either.
The tune is the best part, IMO. That was the first mod on my car. The other mods make a world of difference when you install them with a tune.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts