Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How do you like your Mk3 seats?

• I definitely do.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I'm ambivalent - sometimes do, sometimes don't.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I definitely don't.

Votes: 5 4.7%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
  1. I definitely like them
  2. I'm ambivalent -- sometimes do, sometimes don't.
  3. I definitely don't like them

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine are leather - hot when its hot & cold when its cold, other than that there comfortable

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I have the sport seats and love em.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have lower back problems (herniated disc and arthritis in the lumbar area), and the seats in my 2013 hatchback with 201A package provide all the support I need and are comfortable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will vote once I get enough posts. My problem is that to be comfortable I have be almost laying down. I wish I could just adjust the front part of the seat to be a bit higher than the back.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Mine are leather - hot when its hot & cold when its cold, other than that there comfortable
What??!! They sell leather seat without being climated (a/c vented)?

With leather you need also the heated seat when it's cold unless you like to sit on a block of ice :p

·
Registered
421 Posts
The leather seats are comfy short distances but make my legs and butt go numb long distances.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We've taken several trips of several hundred miles to 1300 and for a small car it's very comfortable for travel.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I have the sport seats and love em.
I also have the sport seats and find them very comfortable. Have driven on multiple 10+ hour road trips and never had an issue.
Ron do you have colored inserts on your seats?

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I have a SE hatchback and the seats are excellent. Very comfortable. One reason I am reluctant to upgrade to a ST is I have heard the seats are not as comfortable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
+1 Sucked that I had no choice in seats just because I wanted Performance Blue. I wish they had been at least cooled seats like my truck.

And to add insult to injury, the bloody heated part doesn't come on when you use the remote start.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife does not like leather for the too hot/too cold reason. She does like the sport cloth seats and so do I - very comfortable both local and longer distance trips. Heat option works fine for us as well.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
And to add insult to injury, the bloody heated part doesn't come on when you use the remote start.
At least you have remote start. [wiggle]

I voted ambivalent as I feel the rear of the seat slopes too far back and there's no way to adjust them short of shoving a wedge or a towel there or raising the entire seat. The seats end up bothering my back after extended driving, but I think part of the issue is either my belt or probably some muscular imbalance from sitting my entire life?

Also, I feel like the bolstering try to shove my shoulders forward... who design these things? I also don't have the adjustable headrests - I'm not sure how much better they are than the original ones.

But I've already driven almost 94k miles in this car and I won't mind driving 100k more. If these seats were perforated or cooled, that would make my life a lot easier in the summer.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Sport package seats have more bolstering and seem more supportive. Hope that's what you were looking for.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have a SE hatchback and the seats are excellent. Very comfortable. One reason I am reluctant to upgrade to a ST is I have heard the seats are not as comfortable.
I have the Se sport package seats.
The base St has the same seats as my car, with some ST stitching added. they are not recaro. And are pretty good basic seats.

I sat in the ST2 seats and did not like them at all.
The ST3 leather seats are not bad. I did not even notice them driving 20 miles in the car. I was pretty excited to drive it. The next day I sat in it for 20 minutes, and could say the seat bottom sides did pinch my thighs a little. After reading the leather seats break in a little and pinch less, I placed my order.
SO in a few weeks.months I will know more.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts