Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this is kinda dumb, but Im more going for looks than anything. Im going to install the dual gauge pod in my interior. Im trying to find some gauges that basically look cool, but also tell me something somewhat useful. I only have bolt-ons so I know its not really necessary, but I was considering the following, also anyone know how hard these types are to install?

- Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
- Oil Temp
- Oil Pressure
- Voltage
Im going with two of the four, any suggestions.....

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the a/f gauges hook into the MAF sensor or something? Also whats a good brand of gauges to go with, Im looking for reverse indiglow if possible but I dont want some cheap a$$ s^&% either

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
the air fuel gauge hooks up off the sensor from your cat. its the wires that is hidin with the white plastic right by the top of your radiator.. take a look, youll see what im talking about. some use the grey wire and some use the black. i used the black.

go with a/f gauge, and the volt.. thats what i got... took maybe 15 mins to install everything

·
Registered
4 Posts
i agree with above, oil temp means using a drilled sump bung for the sender (or drilling and tapping the block) oil pressure involves using adapter to your original oil pressure switch. a vacuum gauge is also easy to fit. cheers nomad

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fokuzsport said:
the air fuel gauge hooks up off the sensor from your cat. its the wires that is hidin with the white plastic right by the top of your radiator.. take a look, youll see what im talking about. some use the grey wire and some use the black. i used the black.

go with a/f gauge, and the volt.. thats what i got... took maybe 15 mins to install everything
Cool Ill check those out, but does anyone know where I can get some cool reverse indiglow pod gauges for not a ton of money?

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can use the same pannel talked about in the audio section just under the dash there is a "plug" a plastic plug -- you can drill through it and run all wires and vac lines through there [thumb]

·
Registered
74 Posts
thanks microtonal, still have that new-b dezease.......
LOL !!![slap]

edit:
hey I just noticed I'M A JUNIOR ENTHUSIEST !!!!
cool..........[wiggle]

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi guys, you could always use a water temperature gauge too, this simply is using one of your exsisting water hoses, putting a piece of metal tubing in and using a temperture sensor welded onto the pipe, just would give you another option to use

cheers
and merry christmas[thumb]

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey barry wonder if the focus rs top hose is same as the standard zetec top hose ? we have some ally tee pieces for the focus rs to take water temp sender.
eurozx3focus we do a few reverse indiglo gauges but by the time they get over to the states they could be quite expensive, check it out www.nomadracing.com
look for EL gauges.
cheers nomad

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi nomad, im not too sure on the same size of hose, but the sensor would have to be welded to a pipe that is smaller than the diamater then the hose to work anyway, so i would think it would be ok, what prices are your gauges anyway, cause thats my next project?

·
Registered
110 Posts
i would like to know where to get a air/fuel guage with reverse glow. i haven't seen any on ebay. not saying it isn't there i just have not seen it. it would be nice to have one to match my white face reverse guages on my dash

1 - 15 of 15 Posts