Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just have a ? i just put my sts in this weekend and when i removed the center console i saw two plugs that are not in use. my question is what are these plugs used for. My svt did not come with the traction control and the seat heaters.

thanks

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Alot of manufacterers will use the same wiring harness in several different models of the same car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zedeater said:
Those are the the plugs for the heated seats and TC.
but wouldnt there be three plugs, or do the heated seats run off just one of the plugs.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
my car doesnt have tc or heated seats and i found the same plugs when i put my sts in. they ARE the plugs for the tc and heated seats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats kinda th ? i was asking.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
^i know that's y i said they ARE the plugs for the tc and heated seats so ur not confused anymore[:D] .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does this mean that all i have to do is plug them up. when i get a different center console and they will work. or what do i have to do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You will also need the seat heaters for the bottom of your seats. I doubt the traction control will just "be there" but I am not certain if that is controlled by the pcm only, or if it requires additional sensors.

Common sense would dictate that it requires some additional sensors, but sometimes especially with cars, common sense can be flat out wrong.

Im sure one of the tuners on here would be able to better answer the TC question. Tom? Wayne?

-Technyne

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Doesn't the traction control require ABS brakes?
The seat heaters probably wouldn't be all that hard to add, but putting in ABS brakes (if you didn't already have them) to get the TC would be costly...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, i have looked and i see no other end that anything would plug into(heated seats).

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The SVT comes with ABS.... but not all had TC.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
^^^ AHA! See, I learned something today! [:)]

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was reading up and it says that the TC controlled cars use the same PCM/ABS module as non TC cars except that they dont have a Yaw Sensor and something else. Its in the Haynes book if anyone has it.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^That sounds more like Stability Control, or more properly "Advance Trac",
which was available on standard Foci.
In fact, I didn't think the Haynes manual had any SVTF specific information...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its not so much the tc that im worried about, but the butt warmers that would be nice on these cold morning when i get of from work. lol

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I hear ya...I absolutely love mine, and probably won't have a car without them ever again.
There is a "How To" for the seat heaters, though the parts you'll need aren't cheap.[:(]
"How To" Heated Seats Answers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks wd, big help. i think im going to have to go junking sat. to see what i can find.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts