Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best plugs and wires out ther for the Focus. I have a 2.0 SPI Sedan.

Karl

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
screamin demon coil-pack, wires... and plugs... nothing wrong with good ole' autolite... unless your going to be heavily modding

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope no heavy mods planned, I'm just getting around to replacing everything, all filters, tranny fluid, plugs and wires, belts, the works. Where can I get Screamin' Demon stuff?

Karl

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do wires affect performance at all?

Karl

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
if you dont plan on doing any major upgrades i wouldnt get the screamin demons they are very expensive. Your better off getting just Ford Racing Wires(9mm), im planning on replacing my spark plugs and wires soon too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was looking for the Ford Racing wires and couldn't find them for the SPI engine. I've heard that Bosch spark plugs don't seem to get along with Focus engines, is this true, I was thinking about trying the Platinum +4.

Karl

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Registered
450 Posts
dont put bosch plugs in a ford engine. Always use motorcraft, or autolite plugs. Bosch is made for german cars (BMW, VW, etc) and will make your ford run like poo.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I just wanted to get clarification on that, I will most likely go with the Autolite plugs. Can anyone direct me to a site where they sell the Ford Racing Wires for the SPI?

Karl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts