Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to do a simple write up for you SPi guys. We have been doing this type of loom on race cars for years and i noticed the other day that some members on here would probably like this method of securing your plug wires. It not only looks very neat, but is very functional.
Start by wraping one tiewrap around all four of your plug wires like this:

After you have done this as ill. above, take and place a tiewrap between each wire wrapping these around the first one. Dont tighten these yet. It should look like this at this point:

Now, take and snug the main one down enough to draw them together and then pull the others tight. Dont pull these so tight that it pinchs the wires, just tight enough to secure them. Then one last pull on the main one and youre done. Snip off the excess and youre done, instant wire looms that look good and wonk come off.:

I hope you guys like this, they look good and are very functional. One thing also, once you have worked your way down the line on your wires, if you ever need to take them off to change plugs or whatever, these will keep all your wires just like they were and you can just put the wires back on as an assembly.
Forgot to add, if you dont want to see the ends, just do the steps underneath the wires, it will come out slick.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey, that's pretty slick !

I wish I had seen that before I bought the billet looms from Performance Distributors.....they look nice and all but the rest of the engine bay doesn't measure up anyway. It's kind of like putting a dress on a pig.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
very creative [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish i could take credit for it, but like i said, we have doing it for years and an old racer showed me WAYY back when, lol.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just realized this is in the SPI Performance Chat. Did you mean for it to be here ? I suppose the Zetec has their fancy over the valve cover arrangement and the Duratec.....well, there just isn't anything that can be done with that spaghetti mess [:)] So it's conceivable this might be SPI only......

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured there was the most need on the SPi engine, but you could do this with wires too.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Thanks for the how to mike, I wish i knew about that back when I had plug wires.

This is now a stuck thread.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks Jon, just wanted to help.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
No problem man, did you get my PM with my question about using the eibach srings on stock dampers?

Just PM me the answer if you know and if you did not get it the question was will the prokit springs tear up my stuts too fast or will they be ok for a while.

·
Registered
30 Posts
YAY! NO MORE SHOESTRING AND BUBBLE YUM WIRE LOOM!!!!!! [clap]

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
good idea looks and works like the real thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts