Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have an 04 svt focus and have 30,000 plus on the ticker. I am replacing spark plugs, Does anyone recommend one plug over another and what is the gap suppopsed to be set at. I've
heard just go with the autolight plug. What is the part # on your recommendated plug with the gap please. Realize I have a stock coil, but I do have the sct xcal 2 program on the car with aem cai.[???:)] [?|]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no takers on the question

·
Registered
549 Posts
from what i found searching the old threads the favorite is motorcraft plugs part#AZFS22C F2
the iridiums have had mixed feelings, i would say stick with the plugs made for the svt.[thumb]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why .60 if the car does not have the after market coil and wires combo. I just have the tune and aem cai with the adition of the short shifter. and the new part # is sp-463 from ford. do the plugs come gapped?. I assume not since you said gap them at. All the info I can get helps.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Even if the plugs come "pre-gapped," it is a good idea to check them. It's easy enough to do and you never know...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K., But why .60 if stock calls for .50

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
much like anything else, the stock setting isn't exactly designed for maximum power, just maximum effeciency

1 - 8 of 8 Posts