Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a neon under my hood, its got plastic ends and its not a terribly expensive one, but its so i can light up my engine bay at night at car shows and what not, Ide like to put plexi glass over the light to protect it. (put plexi glass under the hood)
I mean the lights been in there for about 3 or 4 days...no covering..and nothing has happened..no melting no synging no burning..nothing..so i mean if a cheap neon can hold up....
Wouldnt plexi glass hold up?

help me out.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wouldn't the plexiglass act as insulation and heat up the entire earea under your hood when it was closed? [scratch]

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see im not sure of all this stuff[dunno] . lol. would it act as an insulator? i dont see how, it would be like..sealed...hot air wouldnt be able to get under it.
and i actually looked at alot of plexihood reasearch lol.
not worth it[thumbd]

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Plexi with etched letters to go over it would be a nice show piece. Otherwise it wont help or harm it in any way.

The tubes have a lexan outer most the time. Only way to protect is silicone the ends to keep out water and mount it away from moving parts, and any places debri could damage or crack the lexan tube around the neon gas.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah my intake is Spyder, so i thought i might get Spyder decal or something to put on the plexi. thanks for the help snack.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i wouldnt waste the time and money for plexiglass. you would have to custom bend it to wrap around the light or whatnot. its just a cheap neon. they can be purchased at advance auto etc. if it does happen to quit just replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts