Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just had a conversation with a friend. I was telling him the plans I had for my car. I was telling him that I'll try to max out my car but keeping it NA with the exception of n2o in the future. I told him that eventually I'll rise the compression of the car. Then he stops me and says, "if you are going to raise the compression of the car that much, you won't be able to use n2o, you will blow up your engine" then I said, "Wait, why would that happen?" then he goes "the added compression of the pistons plus the pressure of the n2o will be too much for you crap engine" I replied "Dude, it is called n2o for a reason, 2 particles of nitrogen and a particle of oxygen. The heat of the engine will break the n2 and the o. The oxygen is the one to be burnt and the n2 acts as a buffer for the added presure eliminating the chances of a blow up, that's why it is n2o and not only O!" then my friend wanted to punch me in the face for talking things he couldn't understand. Anyways, can someone tell me if I can run high compression and nitrous without blowing my engine? if not, with technical data can you tell me why not?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it can be moved, it can be watched but it can't be answered. Nice.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
high compression and n2o are like p in the v

they are great now i don't know if u can go to far on compression where the motor will blow but i know HC love n2o

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Detonation is the foe. Nitrous, while increasing cylinder pressures (can cause detonation) cools the charge (incoming) air to the point where it actually lessens the possibility of detonation. So as long as you don't run out of fuel and have the timing set correctly, (retarded about 2 degrees per 50hp of shot) high compression and nitrous work together very, very well.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
High compression "is" a good thing with nitrous. The main thing is getting it tuned properly. My Honda is 13:5.1 with a 100 shot. I have alot of experiance with nitrous and can tell you that this is true. Its just the opposite with F/I

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! Now I'm going to slap that bastard with my laptop after he reads this.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i like the pee in the vee comment

/usefulness

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pee in the vee comment?? [dunno]

·
Registered
818 Posts
yeah Detonation still happends. Fuel octane will become very important with high compression with spray.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the highest recommended compression I can run with pump gas?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's limp. We only get 91 here in Cali and I wouldn't spend 1k+ on 11:1 compression pistons. I guess in the future my car is going to be the Sunday only car because I won't go lower than 13:1 once I decide to do it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah here in ny our gas pumps are 87 89 93 octane, the majority, however some do offer 91 and 95!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stupid NY!!! j/k well now that gas is cheaper, I'll buy a deposit and get as much high octane gas as I can for the future...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts