Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 focus zx4 2.0L duratech. It’s been sitting for about 3-4 months because of a bad battery. After replacing the battery, spark plugs and coil packs (Ran rough before it sat) I tried cranking it over. It cranks about 4 times then the engine won’t turn over any more, I removed the plugs and Looked into the cylinders to find gas pooled in cylinder 2 and 3. After trying flood clear mode it cranks and does the same thing again. I believe the injectors are stuck open. Any thoughts? Please help!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If its hydrolocking from gas then you have probably have a stuck injector (s). Do you have a scan tool that shows fuel pressure (FP)? You can see if fuel pressure builds with key on then falls when the pump stops at key off (normally it will hold). You can pull out the injectors and try to blow air thru them which should not be possible. If you have a bad injector(s) you can try to clean/free them up but usually you will need to replace them.

Paul

Reactions: DadMobile

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its hydrolocking from gas then you have probably have a stuck injector (s). Do you have a scan tool that shows fuel pressure (FP)? You can see if fuel pressure builds with key on then falls when the pump stops at key off (normally it will hold). You can pull out the injectors and try to blow air thru them which should not be possible. If you have a bad injector(s) you can try to clean/free them up but usually you will need to replace them.

Paul
Thanks Paul that’s what I was thinking. I’m going to get a scan tool pretty soon. For now I’ll just clean out the injectors n see if that will do for the cheep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts