C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Low cut shirt and short shorts.
Alone no longer.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You haven't asked anything yet.
So I can't say if it's something I can help with or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
92 Buick park avenue dies when put in gear. Changed fuel filter, oil, plugs and wires, mad, and its not firing properly. Can you help me figure this out?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
On the top of the trans, towards the rear you'll see a black box with about 8 wires going in. This is the Transmission Range Sensor. Car off, disconnect it. Start the car and shift a gear. Does the car still die?
If it doesn't, then there is either a broken wire in that group or the range sensor is damaged.

Other than that all I can think of is that the engine is moving too much and putting strain on wiring somewhere, loosing an important connection.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Maybe. But I'd think something electronic first.

I'd only think the converter if the car had a radiator replaced at some point ... there is a somewhat common problem of the cores cracking and coolant mixing with trans fluid. If not flushed completely there is a risk of early failure of a trans.

Also, http://forums.aaca.org/f115/transmission-shudder-92-park-avenue-94-a-170004.html
a converter will let you know when it's on the way out. It's generally not an all of a sudden problem.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Um...You do realize that this is a Ford Focus forum, right? And you are posting in the new members introduction section as well. So I am not sure you are even in the right section, let alone the right forum.

Also, I am moving this to the "General Technical Chat" since it doesn't even qualify as a real introduction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts