Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know this question has probably been asked a billion times but i think i need it broken down for me because i dont know much about car stereos.. My boyfriend drives a 2006 Focus zx4 and has a factory stereo in it, it has the aux button but i cant find the jack ANYWHERE, do i need to pull the head unit out? I really want to get him an ipod for XMAS but listening to it through the radio always sucks and I would like to set up the aux for him (i used to have it in my SER spec-v but now have a mustang and cant find the aux in that either haha) well thanks for reading and sorry if i sound confusing but i really need some help on this, thanks!
-Courtney

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
hey it happens. first thing you need to do is check the manual first. Im sure it should be on the dash somewhere but i wouldnt know i drive an 03. someone else should be in here to help u out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i've checked all the dash, the sides of the doors, the middle console and all under the radio, the glove compartment lol the only place i haven't checked is behind the head unit which i'm not quite sure how to pull out but i don't want to risk messing anything up if it's not even back there :p thanks a lot though!
-Courtney

·
Registered
459 Posts
AUX is referring to an optional add on cd changer, I would assume. It doesn't necessarily mean there is an input for you to plug in say, an Ipod or whatever. Do some googling, there are some places you can get an adaptor, to plug into your factory AUX connector (which is at the back of the deck, and plugs in just like the factory wiring) and may let you plug in something of your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts