Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a 45W pioneer headunit be good enough for two 12' subs?
or should i get something better??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nope, you should really try to find a separate amp to power the subs, preferably a mono amp built for powering the subs.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Umm, no, not nearly enough. Yes, you will need an amp.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just as what everyone else has said, NO! You'll have to get an amp to power the subs.

What is the RMS for the Subs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already got an amp lol i guess i shouldve said that..
i jus have my stock headunit right now but im looking to get a new one...i just dont kno if a 45W is enough..

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The 45 watt rating would be for using just some decent door speakers, the radio should use a line out with RCA's for the amp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 45 watt rating would be for using just some decent door speakers, the radio should use a line out with RCA's for the amp.
i have the high/low converter installed bcuz of my stock radio (but it works just as good as the RCA's)..all im asking is if a 45W headunit is enough for 2 12' sub and yes with an amp..i think a 1000W[hatchet]

·
Registered
121 Posts
The 45w rating for the head unit is only for your door speakers. The subs will be hooked up to your amp. The RCAs and remote wire are the only that that hook up to the head unit.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
no what he is trying to ask if a headunit that puts out 45x4 (prolly something like 18x4 rms) would be enough power to get good sound from the speakers and not be over-powered by the subs

if that is the case then yes it should be good enough...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no what he is trying to ask if a headunit that puts out 45x4 (prolly something like 18x4 rms) would be enough power to get good sound from the speakers and not be over-powered by the subs

if that is the case then yes it should be good enough...
THANK YOU lol

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
lol confusion everywhere!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts