Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal...03 zx3 with short ram air intake and 2.5in cat back exhaust with obx muffler. Problem is i feel that ive let out to much back pressure? Should i switch pipe size? It feels like i lost power when i did the cat back. Also im thinking of getting some headers. 4-2-1 or shortys? I am trying to get some low end power so iono what i need to do. Please help.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you're looking for lowend, I believe a shorty would be the way to go.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The shory doesnt produce much hp. If you want some hp and are going to dump some more money. I would go with the 4-2-1. More hp for you buck.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
highflow cat helps with the midrange some, but the tuners really pick power up in those areas because thats where the stock cam is the best.

·
Registered
384 Posts
On a 2.0l a 2.25in exhaust would have been sufficient. 2.5in is ok but you are might loose some velocity in the exhaust. If you oversized your exhaust, removing the cat might make it worse, Adding a nice header like the svt would help as well. Dont waste money on a shorty though.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
our stock exhaust manifold is pretty much as good as it can come for a shorty, thats why there arent many gains when a shorty is installed, the gains only come with the highflow cat. And if you are stay N/A a 2.25 inch exhaust will work fine. 4 cyl cars do need some back pressure to keep tq so a long tube header will decrease low end tq.

·
Registered
633 Posts
get the svt header kit and ur tq will improve alot more. the race header is for more highend power and the shorties like bigred said are basically the same as our stock ones....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts