Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on a long car journey soon and the car stereo gave up the ghost

I found a decent unit on ebay with all the adapters supplied to fit my car '02 ford focus.

The stereo itself works but I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the steering controls to work.

Apparently they can work with this model and I have the correct components, but as far as I can tell I have a load of male connectors and no where to plug them into.

I'm really stuck- i think its got something to do with the jack that sticks out the back but I'm useless with these things.

pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hegeek/stereo/

there is a third adapter that I can't get to connect, so this must be the steering controls... i have an adapter thingy for it that give you this:

Changes to this

But there is no where to plug it in !!!

Album with all the leads I have

Please check the album for pics of all the leads that I've been given, any help would be really appreciated as I'm limited for time and really want this sorted before my holiday!

Album with all the leads I have

This has got the better of me all for the sake of me loving being able to alter the volume from the stalk [bigcry]

I swapped out the standard head unit cassette if that helps

·
Registered
299 Posts
That looks like an aftermarket headunit...so in that case there is probably a different wiring harness to allow to retain the use of your steering wheel controls.

**EDIT** I didn't see the link for your album until after this post, so nevermind lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts