Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my dumb friends pulled on my trunk thinking it was unlatched when it wasn't and broke my trim peice. I have looked all over the internet for one and can't find one so if anyone has one or knows where I can get one please pm me! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Have you tried a Ford dealership? These are hard to get used due to the brittle nature of these parts. It's held on by four studs that are secured to the trunk on the backside. Usually what happens is over the years the nut will get corroded on the stud causing it to seize up. When you try to go in and muscle it off of the post, you literally tear the post out of the trim piece instead. I did that with one post out of the four and the trim piece didn't seal properly on the back so I had to order a new one from my local Ford dealership.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't trying to spend an arm and leg for one. I already tore the trunk apart and looked at how it goes on I was just wondering where to get a cheap replacement for maybe $10-20.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Good luck finding one for that cheap. Check the B-S-T section on here for people parting them out. You might get lucky and find a used one that doesn't get a post broken off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts