Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the little handle that controls the angle of my seatback has broken and left me to drive around with my seat totally reclined. i have taken the handle off and got the part number off of it, but when i try to search for the part online i cant find it anywhere. please help me, i feel like an idiot driving around with my seat all the way down.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interior parts like that might be hard to find online. You may want to try a pick-a-part junkyard next, and then the Ford dealer. Every now and then, a part like that is actually available and reasonably priced.

In the meantime, can you take the handle off the passenger seat and temporarily use it to get your driver's seat back into the position? I know they're not identical, but maybe it would work.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, im pretty sure it is impossible to get online. tried the passenger handle as soon as the other one broke, but it didnt work. gonna search the local ford dealerships in the morning.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ill get right back to you on this, i think theres a recall on that. BRB

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ok, sorry, it was for 4 door models.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Bigjordan, where are you located in NC?

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im in hickory. yeah, i went ahead and ordered the part through the dealership and it was only like six bucks. oh, and if anyone cares, the handle that makes your seat flip forward costs over thirty dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts