Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been all over 3 cities and phone calls throughout the closest 6 and no one has lug nuts for a focus!!! They are trying to sell me these crap "rally" nuts. Every place I go they are trying to sell me those LONG 1 1/2" nuts, when I need 1 1/8" nuts. Can anyone help me out as to where you go to get yours?? I have tried Napa, Autozone, Advance Auto......you name it I think I have tried it.

I am replacing all my wheel studs tomorrow night and want to purchase new nuts while I am at it. I have broken 3 studs so far, on 2 different wheels. The person that had the car before me must have torqued the SHIT out of these wheels (175 ft/lbs +).....

Can someone PLEASE give me some insight on this!??!?!?!

btw, I called my ford dealership and they only carry the 1 1/2", they have to special order the 1 1/8"

·
Registered
114 Posts
you not going to find good lugs in a store, unless you live local to summit racing or other quality shop. i'd get gorillas or macgard (sp?), nice chrome, multiple styles, locking, and are real quality lugs.

when i sheared a stud, i got a new lug from the wrecking yard. bit rusted, but blends in well with the rest of my crappy lugs. when i paint my wheels again i'm upgrading to macgards from summit racing and never letting anyone else take my wheels off again.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The lug nuts that came with my new wheels somehow didn't match. I had the tire shop put on some "locking" nuts (acorn style that you need a lug adapter for), I didn't realize until later when I looked at the adapter that they were Gorilla lugs. So try a tire shop instead of an auto parts store, you might have better luck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tire shop. Tell them you want 12mmX1.5 chrome lug nuts. They'll have them, they are a common size.

Also, you might stop by an auto supply store and pick up a small tube of "anti-seize". Just a light coating on each of your lug studs and they'll last forever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced all the studs on one wheel so far, now have to complete the other 3. I used anti seize on that one and have had no problems thus far.

I have asked for m12x1.5 but they are just that....... 1.5" long. The ones currently on my car are 1 1/8".......

Also, can any of you guys get me a part number from summit for the locking nuts?? I looked for about an hour last night and came up with nothing for the foci

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
When you go to local shops ask for "tuner" lug nuts. Theses will be smaller in diameter (generally 17mm) versus the standard 19mm. In most cases they will be shorter as well. I got a complete set from my local Discount Tire store pretty cheap. JC Whitney and Summit Racing both sell "tuner" Gorilla and McGard lug nuts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just looking through summit and found nothing in the 1.125" length......even the tuner ones are 1.45" length......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand I need m12x1.5, but what you aren't understanding is that I need the overall LENGTH to be 1.125".........I can find m12x1.5 any place, but I cannot find them less than 1.5" long.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
muscman said:
I understand I need m12x1.5, but what you aren't understanding is that I need the overall LENGTH to be 1.125".........I can find m12x1.5 any place, but I cannot find them less than 1.5" long.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Whoa! Calm down. Just get 16 of the 1.5" nuts and thow your old ones away.

What I don't understand is why you are making a big deal over this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Okay, then it looks like your only option is to get them from Ford.

BTW, I have eight of the lug nuts that you are looking for. I took them off of my two year old car shortly after I bought it (there were 8 short chrome, 4 long chrome and 4 plain open end nuts on the car) and replaced all of them with the "ugly" 1.5" nuts. If the 1" nuts I took off were stock, then I am amazed at how rusty they were after less than two years on the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts