Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak also but I also work in a very dirty enviroment please help I've been thinking about buying a steam cleaner I also rarely use the ac so that's why my headliner looks the way it does.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Get yourself some seat covers and floor mats. You could also take it to a car wash that does interior cleaning.

OR, clean it yourself, then get some fabric paint and paint the whole thing.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
You don't have to because fabric paint isn't like regular spray paint that goes all over the place, but you'd be able to paint hard to reach spots if you took out at least the front seats. Check out some YouTube vids to see what would work for you.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Bissel "Little Green Clean Machine" is the spray & vac unit I use a lot for carpet/seats/etc..

Meant for small jobs & spot cleaning it's handy for cars/trucks.

Wal Mart kinda item, fairly cheap (you could spend as much on a few cans of spray cleaners).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Laundry soap mixed with water in a spay bottle, spray on heavy wipe around with a rag, vacuum with a wet dry shop vac, I have done cars with a garden hose and shop vac, mine has black leather but the head liner looked about like yours. Like new now.

Try any and every option before painting it.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried used an outdoor patio furniture cleaning now my car reeks :( this was a couple days ago I also tried using resolve so yeah....I hope this smell go's away real quick

·
Registered
359 Posts
Every time I've ever used resolve to clean up some mess (or a pet accident), I always thought that it just ended up making it smell worse. It would clean up the stain, but that stuff just has a really weird smell that tends to linger.

Is the interior still wet? Do you have access to a garage, so you can leave the windows down?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
TBH, once a year I pull my interior and clean it all.
I use the air compressor to blow out the dust and loosen the big stuff and my shop vac to clean as much as I can. Then I go after the rest with soap and water. I wash my interior just like I do the exterior. Standing water, I just grab the shop vac again.
So long as you avoid the electronic bits you're fine washing the interior.

Carpet and seats get hit with a hose and detergent. Shop vac to get excess water out. Sun dry.

Headliner you have to take more care with. Excessive water will pull it loose. So light water and detergent works best here. Sun dry.

All the interior panels can get wet with little to no damage (within reason). Don't dunk them in water, just spray.

The rear carpeted sides, you don't want to get these soaking wet. Just damp enough to wash dirt out is good. They loose shape/rigidity if they get too wet.

It'll take you the better part of a weekend to clean and dry everything. But once done, it's like a new car again and all the smells will be gone, besides that of the detergent you use.
It's really not that hard to remove everything. I can have a car gutted in about an hour and half.
And it's kinda scary all the crap that accumulates where you can't see.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I totally agree with the last post short of the headliner, I did use my vacuum and water on mine, the vacuum brushed out the scratches and the water/soap cleaned it. Agreed though that it could pull it down. In my case when you buy a car from a crack head you clean everything!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You need to pay a professional to fix this. Whatever made you think that outdoor furniture cleaner would be appropriate for vehicle interior is beyond me...
Pay to get it fixed and immediately install seat covers and floor mats, duh.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep but I thought the one I got had heat.....I mean it's got heat in the wording LOL I can feel the tank getting hot but when the water comes out it's cold..what gives?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think some of the cheap ones don't really get that hot.

That interior looks way worse than my 05, and I live in the rust belt. Get some floor mats/seat covers after you've got it all cleaned up

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep weather tech and god knows what I'm gonna do for seat covers.....who sells direct fit should i be using a steam cleaner instead?
?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
What I do with our little green is heat the water first, get it boiling and dump it in the tank. Works much better than hot out of the tap (though our tap is pretty damn hot, ~180*F).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts