21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hmmm. Curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few days ago I installed my HID's. I really don't notice a difference in the high beams. Not sure what I did. I guess I need to recheck my wiring

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
1. Were you using the ebay projectors?
2. Did you make sure to follow the wiring flow I posted earlier in this thread?
3. Which bulb size are you using?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update: Replaced the socket and got the directional work! @2011 se thanks again btw.... I can now make left hand turns again lol
...while i was fixing that, took the other headlight out to check the halo connection and i am stumped. The leds are working fine....halo only stays on for a few min....once it goes out, i unplugged and plugged back in and it goes back on for another few min.....im thinking inverter..? Has anyone else had a problem like this or had to replace the inverter on these?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I remember one person saying they had to replace the inverter. I guess in a process of elimination that's the next logical thing that could be faulty. Personally if you are still under the warranty period, I'd contact the seller and get a new set. If you're using a previously owned set, or are outside of the seller's warranty, then I'd recommend trying to find that thread where someone replaced the inverter and see which one he used.

I'm busy tonight, but I'll see if I can find it for you tomorrow (assuming you haven't already found it).

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I remember one person saying they had to replace the inverter. I guess in a process of elimination that's the next logical thing that could be faulty. Personally if you are still under the warranty period, I'd contact the seller and get a new set. If you're using a previously owned set, or are outside of the seller's warranty, then I'd recommend trying to find that thread where someone replaced the inverter and see which one he used.

I'm busy tonight, but I'll see if I can find it for you tomorrow (assuming you haven't already found it).
I think id rather not mess with sending them back even though they are under warranty....shipping costs[:(!] then waiting...ugh lol i think a new inverter might be a quicker cheaper and possibly easier fix..
Trs.com. They sell morimoto inverters
thanks!! would i need the dual output one?...i know theres only 1 halo but wouldnt the LEDS be pulling current also? or are the LEDS bypassing the halo inverter?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
thanks!! would i need the dual output one?...i know theres only 1 halo but wouldnt the LEDS be pulling current also? or are the LEDS bypassing the halo inverter?
The inverter is only for the Halo. I have few buddies of mine using halo projector kits and their halo's always go out on them. 99.9%, maybe 100, the LEDs are from a different source other than the halo inverter.

If you replace one, should replace the other...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ok so you think i only need the single output inverter? my leds are working fine, just my one halo keeps turning off...seems to turn off after the engine has been running a little bit/a few minutes...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
104 Posts
The inverter is only for the Halo. I have few buddies of mine using halo projector kits and their halo's always go out on them. 99.9%, maybe 100, the LEDs are from a different source other than the halo inverter.

If you replace one, should replace the other...
Any idea what would cause a pair of LEDs to come on and off randomly?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts