Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 zx3 automatic with a basic magnaflow kit. a friend of mine has a 2006 model and took off a few bolts out from under the engine which disconnected something and now his motor sounds like a beast so we did it to mine.

i dont know that name of the part that was disconnected but does anyone have any idea what im talking about? so now my focus way louder then before but im worried

my main question is can it cause and problems to the engine or tranny?

·
Registered
100 Posts
hook it back up. if u unhooked something from the exhaust, it prolly sounds like ass. the magnaflow kit sounds great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You have the flex pipe unbolted from the rest of the exhaust. This means you have no resonator or muffler at all, just the manicat and the flex. I would hook it back up so that you dont damage the flex by leaving it hanging. Plus the magnaflow exhaust sounds good already...no need to draw any more attention to yourself.[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
235 Posts
yes, definitely bolt that back up. Your nice Magnaflow is good for nothing when it is completely unbolted.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
where exactly do you, live? im gonna hunt your friend for sport because he obviously doesnt need to be anywhere near a tool box containing tools to work on any motor vehicle.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i would def. hook that back up! MagnaFlow sounds great anyways! i'm actually saving up for one

running with not exhaust probaably sounds like pure ass anyways.

and like what was already mentioned, do you really want to attract that much attention to yourself?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
holy shit, you guys disconnected the flex pipe?? and you dont even know what it is???? i am guessing this is just a joke. has to be. that is one of the most rice things i have ever seen. why would anyone ever do that?? especially to the magnaflow?? on a 4banger?? augh.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
this better be a joke thread....

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
where exactly do you, live? im gonna hunt your friend for sport because he obviously doesnt need to be anywhere near a tool box containing tools to work on any motor vehicle.
i'm down for a "most dangerous game" afternoon...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
guys, this has to be a prank thread, maybe holidays-related or something. noone would really do this.....would they?

hows ya backpresshya? lolz...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Omg!

·
Registered
130 Posts

1st pic is that part that is unhooked
2nd is magnaflow exhaust

[poke] you did what??? [eek] [scratch]
not sure what to say.. you defenately shouldnt go around unbolting things when you dont even know what they're called!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to join this hunt, Count me in. I cant believe how stupid some people are. Is it just me or does that tip look way to small for a magnaflow, also I thought the magnaflow was supposed to be 100% stainless and that resonator is not stainless, but then again I dont remember if the magnaflow comes with a resonator.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It might be a "shop made" magnaflow.

now that i look at it, the first resonator or cat looks to be stock, it might just have a hacked off stock muffler and magnaflow installed in place.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The magnaflow system is a true cat-back, hence the stock cat is kept.

Jeez man.... I hope you get that hooked up again soon cause thats insane.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The magnaflow system is a true cat-back, hence the stock cat is kept.

Jeez man.... I hope you get that hooked up again soon cause thats insane.
doh' forgot about that.

regardless, get that hooked back up man it's for the better!
and don't let all the haters stray you away from the forums, we've all started off not knowing much about cars. and if you stick around and just check out all of the stickies and ask some questions after you've read them you'll learn a lot!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.