Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a rebuilt head from a mech. and it was in great shape installed it and got everything finished. the place had left the old spark plugs in the head and when i took the first one out it broke and left the threads in the head. Do I have to take the head back off to use an ease out to remove it?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
So you bought something that is rebuilt, then wouldn't the spark plugs already be out of the head? I would imagine then the head wasn't really "rebuilt" then if it still had spark plugs IMO. No machine shop or mechanic I know of would do that.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
No problem good luck with it. If you can get the spark plugs out, depending on the damage done to the head or the spark plug itself you maybe able to put a heli coil on it. It's fixable let just put it that way, but the plugs have to come out to see what's damaged.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree. No reputable mechanic or machine shop will leave the spark plugs in the head if they rebuild it. Getting that plug out without getting debris into the cylinder will be all but impossible. I'd go back to the person you bought the head from to see what they will do for you. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts